Snow Vertical Down is Japan's first European style downhill race sponsored by RaidLight, France's one and only trail run brand. This 5km course starts on top of the first ski lift at an elevation of 1,658m (5,439ft) all the way down to Yuzawa Prince Hotel at 900m (2,952ft). Imagine the thrill and excitement of running down Yuzawa's intermediate ski slope, zigzagging down the twists and turns! Anything can happen on the course...register online now if you're ready for the challenge!
Until January 10, 2018
|Directions||For more information, visit http://www.princehotels.co.jp/naeba/access/
Take the Joetsu Shinkansen and get off at Echigo-Yuzawa Station (East Exit). Then, take a shuttle (about 40 min) or the local bus (about 50 min) to Yuzawa Ski Resort.
33 km via National Route 17 from Tsukiyono I.C on Kan-Etsu Expressway. (About 50 minutes during normal hours)
21 km via National Route 17 from Yuzawa I.C on Kan-Etsu Expressway. (About 35 minutes during normal hours)
By Highway Bus
You can reserve a "Yuzawa White Snow Shuttle" from Yokohama, Shinagawa Prince Hotel, and Ikebukuro to Yuzawa Prince Hotel. We recommend reserving a seat at least a month in advance.
Operating Period: December 16, 2017 - March 21, 2018
|Registration Period||Until January 10, 2018|
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||Cutoff Time: 1 hour|
|Entry Fee||Entry Fee (5KM; includes Winter Solstice Festival)
Adults (18 years and over): ¥9,000
Children (middle school and high school students): ¥5,000
|Start Time||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)
3:45 PM: Navigation Run
4:30 PM: Preliminary Race #1
5:30 PM: Preliminary Race #2
March 18, 2018
At Sunrise (around 6:00 AM): Semifinals
7:30 AM: Finals
|Event Schedule||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)
11:00 AM Registration
3:00 PM Opening Ceremony
3:45 PM Navigation Run
4:30 PM Wave 1 Preliminary Race
5:30 PM Wave 2 Preliminary Race
6:30 PM Winter Solstice Festival
8:30 PM (est) Yuzawa Snow Festival Fireworks
March 18, 2018 (Sunday)
6:00 AM (est) Semifinal Race
7:00 AM Finals
8:00 AM Awards
|Start Line||Yuzawa Ski Resort - First ski lift|
|Finish Line||Yuzawa Ski Resort - In front of Yuzawa Prince Hotel|
|Course Map||http://www.naeba-rising.com/ course.html|
|Awards||Male Under 40, Male Over 40, Female Under 40, Female Over 40
1st Place: ¥50,000 + Other Prizes TBA
2nd, 3rd Place: Prizes TBA
Overall Top 3
1st Place: Luxurious Prizes TBA
2nd, 3rd Place: Prizes TBA
One lucky winner will receive the PROTREK prize (information TBA)
|Participants Prize||RaidLight Products|
|Last Year's Finishers||200|
|Remarks||1.) Nature Conservation
○ Always stay on the course, even when you are trying to pass the person in front of you.
○ Ski poles are tentatively permitted - they may be prohibited depending on course conditions.
○ The course will be a steep snow slope - please use crampons or spikes to avoid slipping, as well as ski poles (if permitted).
○ Do not litter.
○ Picking and colletcing plants is prohibited on the course and its surrounding areas.
○ Use the restrooms provided on the course.
○ The start time is subject to change depending on the weather and course condition. In the case of a night start, bring head lights or hand lights.
○ Share the slopes and be friendly to fellow skiiers and snowboarders.
○ If you notice that a runner is hurt or sick, please call the volunteers for help immediately.
○ Don't forget to thank the race staff, volunteers, and the local community who helped make this race happen.
○ The course can change depending on the weather and snow conditions. All participants must understand and take precautions.
○ There may be sudden change of weather, such as winds or blizzards, that may lead to hypothermia. Be prepared in advance and pack appropriately.
○ There will be doctors and nurses at the finish line if you are hurt or sick. There will also be first aid vehicles around the start line and finish line.
|Parking||Accommodates 3,800 cars
1,000 yen per car from 12/16/17 - 4/1/18 on Saturdays, Holidays, and New Year's Holiday (12/28 - 1/8)
· Free on weekdays
· Medium and Large vehicles will be 2,000 yen
· Free for guests staying at Yuzawa Prince Hotel
· You will not be able to park after operating hours
|Parking Address||Naeba Ski Resort|
|Where to Stay||
|Organizer||Snow Vertical Down 2018 Committee|
|Official Race Website||http://www.naeba-rising.com/|