The time of colorful autumn leaves is just around the corner. Feel the excitement when you run along the historical and mythical Togakushi trail. The Shinshu-Togakushi Trail Run Race is under the care of forest preservation and will mostly run through the Joshinetsu-Kogen National Park, where you are surrounded by pure nature. See the natural beauty of the Togakushi Shrine in the middle of the woods that were once dedicated to mythological gods.
Reward yourself after the race with warm handmade Togakushi soba! Don't miss out on this beautiful autumn race!
Until August 24, 2018
* until the race reaches capacity
|Directions|| By Car
Kanetsu Expressway Nerima IC→FujiokaJCT→Joshinetsu Expressway→Nagano IC→Route35 →Route117 →Togakushi Birdline→Togakushi Snow World(3 hr55min)
From Tokyo, take the Hokuriku Shinkanse to Nagano Station (about 1 hour and 25 min). Then, take the Kawanakajima Bus to Togakushi Ski Resort (about 1 hour).
From Nagoya, take the JR Chuo Line Express Shinano to Nagano Station (about 2 hours and 45 min). Then, take the Kawanakajima Bus to Togakushi Ski Resort (about 1 hour).
|Registration Period||Until August 24, 2018
* until the race reaches capacity
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||Age
Long Course: 18 years and older (High School students not permitted)
Middle Course: High School and older
Short Course: Elementary School and older
* Parent/Guardian permission required if under 20 years old
IMPORTANT: Those who register for the Long Course and Middle Course must be able to stay overnight and attend registration the day before the race.
Long Course: 12 hours
Middle Course: 8 hours
Short Course: 2 hours
|Entry Fee||Long Course
¥20,000 (with lodging)
¥14,000 (without lodging)
¥16,500 (with lodging)
¥10,500 (without lodging)
¥4,000 (¥3,000 for children under High School)
|Start Time||Long Course - 6:00AM
Middle Course - 8:00AM
Short Course - 10:00AM
|Event Schedule||September 29, 2018
10:00AM - 5:30PM Registration (at Togashi Ski Resort "Togakure Base")
* Long and Middle Course must check-in on the 29th. No exceptions.
4:00PM - 4:40PM Race Briefing
* Try your best to attend the race briefing
4:45PM - 5:45PM Festival (subject to change)
September 30, 2018
6:00AM Long Course Start
8:00AM Middle Course Start
8:30AM - 9:15AM Short Course Registration (at Togashi Ski Resort)
10:00AM Short Course Start
12:00PM Short Course Cut-off time
2:00PM Awards Ceremony
4:00PM Middle Course Cut-off Time
6:00PM Long Course Cut-off Time
|Start Line||Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Finish Line||Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Course Map||Refer to this link.|
|Awards||Top 6 - Each division
Top 3 - 5km
|Last Year's Finishers||600 participants|
○ No refunds or credits will be issued. This applies to incidents in which the event is cancelled for any reason including personal participant circumstances of the participant (including illness and injury) and incidents in which the event is cancelled due to unforeseen weather conditions or natural disasters.
○ You will not sue the event organizers nor its affiliates (including Samurai Sports) for any injury or death caused during the event.
○ You consent to and will give all authorities and copyright to the event organizer and affiliates for the use of photography, motion pictures, articles, recordings or any other record of this event (including personal information such as name, age, gender, personal record, portrait, and etc.) for legitimate purposes and use in newspapers, TV, magazines, internet and any media publishing such as Facebook posts, Instagram posts, and pamphlets.
- This is a timed race and you will be ranked by the person with the fastest time.
- You will not be able to race if you are late to the start.
- Those who go over the checkpoint time must withdraw from the race and follow the race staff's instructions.
- Wear your bib numbers visibly.
- If the race requires other equipment to carry, then you must bring it to the race.
- Put on rubber caps when using trekking poles.
- You must always follow directions from race staff at all times during the race.
- Read and acknowledge race rules and disqualifications before the race.
Required Equipment & Attire
- Bear bell
- Rain gear (read below for details)
- Emergency blankets
- Water (must have a minimum of 1L at the start line)
- Cup (paper cups will not be provided at the aid stations)
- Proof of health insurance (a photocopy is permitted)
- Cellphone with a phone number that works in Japan and is registered with the event organizers
Make sure you prepare everything on the list above. There are uneven and slippery trails, so we recommend wearing clothes with little skin exposure, including gloves and hats.
Reasons for Disqualification
- Littering, hiking on unmarked trails, and bad manners
- Violating race rules and not following race staff's instructions
- Running in place of someone else registered or running without being registered (race bandits)
- Runners who are late to the start
- Those who do not meet the checkpoint cut-off times or the overall cut-off time
- Those who do not bring the required equipment and attire
- Not wearing bib numbers (bibs must be visible at all times)
- Headphones are prohibited
1.) Regarding nature conservation
Stay on the course and do not pass unmarked trails.
Always stay on the trail even when passing another racer or hiker.
Do not litter and always keep your trash with you until the end.
Be careful of dropping things and try to pick up after other people.
You are not allowed to pick up animals and plants from the course or the surrounding areas.
There are no limitations to using a trekking pole, but please make sure they have rubber caps on the bottom.
However, trekking poles may become prohibited without notice depending on the deterioration of the course. Also, be cautious of other racers and hikers around you when using the trekking pole.
Use bathrooms provided at each aid station.
Wash your shoes thoroughly before using them at the race, especially the soles for dirt, grass, and sand so that you don't bring foreign plants and sediment to the trail.
2.) Respect other hikers
The trail may be used by locals, as well as other hikers and tourists.
Share the trail and don't let anyone feel inconvenienced or put them in danger.
When passing someone, verbally let them know.
If the trail is too narrow, then slow down and walk past them.
Don't forget to thank the locals and volunteers who make the race possible!
Call a race staff or the phone number on your race bib if you get hurt or sick.
The race may be cancelled if the race director decides that the course conditions have become too dangerous to continue.
The race takes place in nature, so the condition frequently changes. All participants should understand this and be cautious at all times.
Weather conditions, such as wind, rain, snow, and gas may change suddenly at high altitude. You may get cold. Be prepared beforehand.
There will be doctors and nurses at the finish line if you become injured or feel sick. Emergency vehicles will be stationed at each aid station for those who are injured or need to withdraw from the race.
The race provides accident insurance during the race.
4.) Withdrawing from the race
If you need to withdraw from the race for whatever reason, you can do so at the aid stations or by going to the race headquarters directly. Please return the timing chip once you withdraw. In case you get seriously injured or you cannot move, call the phone number on the back of your bib number immediately for help.
5.) Course instructions
There will be instructions on boards and the course will be taped off (a 10cm yellow tape with "Fields" logo) when the route is not obvious. If you get lost, back track and find the yellow tape instead of moving in the wrong direction. There will be a race staff at important positions. Always follow their guidance.
6.) Timing chip
You will need to return the timing chips that are placed on the back of your bib number after the race or when you withdraw from the race. You will be charged for lost or broken timing chips.
7.) Race check-in
You will not be able to participate in the race if you do not make it to check-in.
|Parking||¥1,500 at the Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Parking Address||Togakushi Ski Resort, 3682-3 Togakushi, Nagano-shi, Nagano-ken 381-4101|
|Where to Stay||To be announced|
|Organizer||Shinshu-Togakushi Trail Run Race Executive Committee|
|Official Race Website||http://www.togakushi-trail.com/|