The time of colorful autumn leaves is just around the corner. Feel the excitement when you run along the historical and mythical Togakushi trail. The Shinshu-Togakushi Trail Run Race is under the care of forest preservation and will mostly run through the Joshinetsu-Kogen National Park, where you are surrounded by pure nature. See the natural beauty of the Togakushi Shrine in the middle of the woods that were once dedicated to mythological gods.
Reward yourself after the race with warm handmade Togakushi soba! Don't miss out on this beautiful autumn race!
Until August 24, 2018
* until the race reaches capacity
|Directions|| By Car
Kanetsu Expressway Nerima IC→FujiokaJCT→Joshinetsu Expressway→Nagano IC→Route35 →Route117 →Togakushi Birdline→Togakushi Snow World(3 hr55min)
From Tokyo, take the Hokuriku Shinkanse to Nagano Station (about 1 hour and 25 min). Then, take the Kawanakajima Bus to Togakushi Ski Resort (about 1 hour).
From Nagoya, take the JR Chuo Line Express Shinano to Nagano Station (about 2 hours and 45 min). Then, take the Kawanakajima Bus to Togakushi Ski Resort (about 1 hour).
There is a direct round trip bus service between Shinjuku station and the event venue (Togakushi Ski Resort). The bus fare is 10,000 (tax incl.) round-trip. Please send an email with the subject title "Shinshu Togakushi Trail Run" to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of the representative, gender, event distance, address, contact information (cell phone number that can be accessible on the day)
- Information about the group (names, gender, racer or supporter), if applicable
- Sept. 29 (Saturday) Shinjuku Nishiguchi to Togakushi Ski Resort
Choose from (A) departs 0900 - ETA 1430, or (B) departs 1000 - ETA 1530
- Sept. 30 (Sunday) Togakushi Race Resort to Shinjuku Nishiguchi
Choose from (A) departs 1630 - ETA 2200 , or (B) departs 1830 - ETA 0030 (Monday, Oct 1)
Seats are unassigned. You must come to bus stop 10 minutes before the departure time. The bus stop location will be printed on the tickets. From previous experience, the Travice group will send an invoice to be paid at a domestic 7-11 to the address you indicate. If you do not live in Japan or use a FPO/APO address, please contact Samurai Sports to make arrangements.
|Registration Period||Until August 24, 2018
* until the race reaches capacity
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||Long Course (60KM) and Middle Course (33KM)
● This event accepts registrations from people 18 years or older in good health with the ability, fitness and energy to complete the entire race without getting lost. Furthermore, participants should have a strong understanding of trail running etiquette and hold themselves accountable to the surrounding natural environment, the trail course, and others on the course, including hikers. All participants must agree to the participation conditions and participant’s pledge. (Participants under age 20 must have a parent’s signature or seal of consent.)
● All participants must stay in Togakushi the night before the race. Accommodation fee is included in the entry fee.
Long Course: 18 years and older (high school students not permitted)
Middle Course: High school students and older
Short Course: Elementary school students and older
* Parent/Guardian permission required if under 20 years old
IMPORTANT: Those who register for the Long Course and Middle Course must stay overnight and attend registration the day before the race.
Long Course (50KM): 12 hours
Middle Course (33KM): 8 hours
Short Course: 2 hours
|Entry Fee||Long Course
¥20,000 (with lodging)
¥16,500 (with lodging)
¥4,000 (¥3,000 for children under High School)
|Start Time||Long Course - 6:00AM
Middle Course - 8:00AM
Short Course - 10:00AM
|Event Schedule||September 29, 2018
10:00AM - 5:30PM Registration (at Togakushi Ski Resort "Togakure Base")
* Long and Middle Course must check-in on the 29th. No exceptions.
4:00PM - 4:40PM Race Briefing
* Try your best to attend the race briefing
4:45PM - 5:45PM Festival (subject to change)
September 30, 2018
6:00AM Long Course Start
8:00AM Middle Course Start
8:30AM - 9:15AM Short Course Registration (at Togakushi Ski Resort)
10:00AM Short Course Start
12:00PM Short Course Cut-off time
2:00PM Awards Ceremony
4:00PM Middle Course Cut-off Time
6:00PM Long Course Cut-off Time
|Start Line||Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Finish Line||Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Course Map||Refer to this link.|
|Awards||Top 6 - Each division
Top 3 - 5km
|Last Year's Finishers||600 participants
2017 50KM Results
2017 28KM Results
* Distances have changed for 2018
○ No refunds or credits will be issued. This applies to incidents in which the event is cancelled for any reason including personal participant circumstances of the participant (including illness and injury) and incidents in which the event is cancelled due to unforeseen weather conditions or natural disasters.
○ You will not sue the event organizers nor its affiliates (including Samurai Sports) for any injury or death caused during the event.
○ You consent to and will give all authorities and copyright to the event organizer and affiliates for the use of photography, motion pictures, articles, recordings or any other record of this event (including personal information such as name, age, gender, personal record, portrait, and etc.) for legitimate purposes and use in newspapers, TV, magazines, internet and any media publishing such as Facebook posts, Instagram posts, and pamphlets.
- This is a timed race and you will be ranked by the person with the fastest time.
- You will not be able to race if you are late to the start.
- Those who go over the checkpoint time must withdraw from the race and follow the race staff's instructions.
- Wear your bib numbers visibly.
- If the race requires other equipment to carry, then you must bring it to the race.
- Put on rubber caps when using trekking poles.
- You must always follow directions from race staff at all times during the race.
- Read and acknowledge race rules and disqualifications before the race.
Required Equipment & Attire
- Bear bell
- Rain gear (read below for details)
- Emergency blankets
- Water (must have a minimum of 1L at the start line)
- Cup (paper cups will not be provided at the aid stations)
- Proof of health insurance (a photocopy is permitted)
- Cellphone with a phone number that works in Japan and is registered with the event organizers
Make sure you prepare everything on the list above. There are uneven and slippery trails, so we recommend wearing clothes with little skin exposure, including gloves and hats.
Reasons for Disqualification
- Littering, hiking on unmarked trails, and bad manners
- Violating race rules and not following race staff's instructions
- Running in place of someone else registered or running without being registered (race bandits)
- Runners who are late to the start
- Those who do not meet the checkpoint cut-off times or the overall cut-off time
- Those who do not bring the required equipment and attire
- Not wearing bib numbers (bibs must be visible at all times)
- Headphones are prohibited
1.) Regarding nature conservation
Stay on the course and do not pass unmarked trails.
Always stay on the trail even when passing another racer or hiker.
Do not litter and always keep your trash with you until the end.
Be careful of dropping things and try to pick up after other people.
You are not allowed to pick up animals and plants from the course or the surrounding areas.
There are no limitations to using a trekking pole, but please make sure they have rubber caps on the bottom.
However, trekking poles may become prohibited without notice depending on the deterioration of the course. Also, be cautious of other racers and hikers around you when using the trekking pole.
Use bathrooms provided at each aid station.
Wash your shoes thoroughly before using them at the race, especially the soles for dirt, grass, and sand so that you don't bring foreign plants and sediment to the trail.
2.) Respect other hikers
The trail may be used by locals, as well as other hikers and tourists.
Share the trail and don't let anyone feel inconvenienced or put them in danger.
When passing someone, verbally let them know.
If the trail is too narrow, then slow down and walk past them.
Don't forget to thank the locals and volunteers who make the race possible!
Call a race staff or the phone number on your race bib if you get hurt or sick.
The race may be cancelled if the race director decides that the course conditions have become too dangerous to continue.
The race takes place in nature, so the condition frequently changes. All participants should understand this and be cautious at all times.
Weather conditions, such as wind, rain, snow, and gas may change suddenly at high altitude. You may get cold. Be prepared beforehand.
There will be doctors and nurses at the finish line if you become injured or feel sick. Emergency vehicles will be stationed at each aid station for those who are injured or need to withdraw from the race.
The race provides accident insurance during the race.
4.) Withdrawing from the race
If you need to withdraw from the race for whatever reason, you can do so at the aid stations or by going to the race headquarters directly. Please return the timing chip once you withdraw. In case you get seriously injured or you cannot move, call the phone number on the back of your bib number immediately for help.
5.) Course instructions
There will be instructions on boards and the course will be taped off (a 10cm yellow tape with "Fields" logo) when the route is not obvious. If you get lost, back track and find the yellow tape instead of moving in the wrong direction. There will be a race staff at important positions. Always follow their guidance.
6.) Timing chip
You will need to return the timing chips that are placed on the back of your bib number after the race or when you withdraw from the race. You will be charged for lost or broken timing chips.
7.) Race check-in
You will not be able to participate in the race if you do not make it to check-in.
Requests Regarding Accommodation
Shinshu Togakushi Trail Run's lodging has been made possible thanks to the cooperation of Togakushi Hotel & Ryokan Association. All athletes who have registered for the race and paid their fees will be assigned lodging and must stay at his/her designated accommodation facility in Togakushi. All designated places of lodging are cooperating in conjunction with the race committee. It's essential that you rest well on the night before the race to prevent any possible injuries or accidents that may occur in a high altitude environment. Relax in your lodge and get ready for the race - it will be an early start!
1. The event organizers will allocate your place of lodging. You will receive an email from the event organizers or directly from the place of lodging approximately two weeks before the race.
2. If you wish to have your own room by yourself, you must indicate so when you register for the race. Single rooms are an additional ¥3,000.
3 . If you wish to share a room with or stay at the same place of lodging with fellow athletes, let us know who you'd like to stay with. Likewise, if you wish to share a room with or stay with non-participants (family or friends) in the same place of lodging, let us know (extra fees may apply).
4. Please inquire regarding rates for infants and children.
5. Transportation service between the race venue and the accommodation may be available; they will do their best to accommodate athlete's and their race schedules.
6. If you wish to cancel the accommodation reservation, you must let us know by August 31, 2018. Please note that participants are responsible for the bank charge for the refund. If participants fail to inform Samurai Sports of cancellation after August 31, 2018, no refund will be honored.
|Parking||¥1,500 at the Togakushi Ski Resort|
|Parking Address||Togakushi Ski Resort, 3682-3 Togakushi, Nagano-shi, Nagano-ken 381-4101|
|Where to Stay||To be announced|
|Organizer||Shinshu-Togakushi Trail Run Race Executive Committee|
|Official Race Website||http://www.togakushi-trail.com/|