The Otaki State Forest Trail will be open only to those participating in the OSJ ONTAKE100 race! Take this opportunity to discover a trail that is usually closed to the public. This unique 100km and 100mi race starts at nightfall and finishes the next day. Register for your twilight adventure today!
Note: If you would like to register for this race, you must first send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a private link to the application.
Until May 18, 2018
|Directions|| By Train
From Osaka, take the Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen (Nozomi) to Nagoya Station (about 1 hour).
From Nagoya, take the JR Shinano Limited Express to Kiso Fukushima Station (about 1 hour and 30 min). Then, take the bus to Otaki Village.
From Tokyo, take the train to Shiojiri Station (about 2 hours and 40 min). From Shiojiri Station, take the JR Shinano Limited Express to Kiso Fukushima Station (about 26 min). Then, take the bus to Otaki Village.
|Registration Period||Until May 18, 2018|
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||Age
- Must be 18 years old and over.
- Must have completed 100km under 14 hours previously with OSJ Ontake100.
- Your time in other events will not count.
- Dishonesty will result in disqualification and will be banned from future events.
- 100mi - 24 hours
Checkpoint 1 (52km) - 8 hours
Checkpoint 2 (72km) - 11 hours
Checkpoint 3 (103km) - 15 hours
Checkpoint 4 (118km) - 18 hours
- 100km - 20 hours
Checkpoint 1 (32km) - 6 hours
Checkpoint 2 (63km) - 12 hours
Checkpoint 3 (78km) - 15 hours
|Entry Fee||100mi - ¥12,000
100km - ¥12,000
* Entry fees includes finisher's merchandise & insurance
* Entry fees are non-refundable
|Start Time||100mi - July 14, 2018 at 8:00PM
100km - July 15, 2018 at 12:00AM
|Event Schedule||July 14, 2018
1:00PM - 5:00PM Registration for 100mi & 100km
7:00PM - 7:30PM Bag Check for 100mi
7:30PM 100mi Opening Ceremony & Race Briefing
8:00PM 100mi Start
10:45PM - 11:30PM Bag Check for 100km
11:30PM 100km Opening Ceremony & Race Briefing
July 15, 2018
12:00AM 100km Start
6:00AM Checkpoint 1 for 100km
12:00PM Checkpoint 2 for 100km
3:00PM Checkpoint 3 for 100km
4:00AM Checkpoint 1 for 100mi
7:00AM Checkpoint 2 for 100mi
11:00AM Checkpoint 3 for 100mi
2:00PM Checkpoint 4 for 100mi
2:00PM Awards (time subject to change)
8:00PM Race Finish
|Start Line||Matsubara Sports Park|
|Finish Line||Matsubara Sports Park|
|Awards||Top 5 Overall Male & Female
Top 3 Age Groups Male & Female (excludes overall winners)
|Participants Prize||Race Souvenir|
|Last Year's Finishers||100mi - 100 participants
100km - 1,000 participants
|Remarks||Race Guideline & Preparation
1. This is a timed race.
2. You must meet the checkpoint cutoff times in order to stay in the race. Any individual who does not meet the cut-off times will be asked to withdraw from the race.
3. Must be able to finish the race within the designated cut-off time.
- 100mi under 24 hours
- 100km under 20 hours
4. There will be a total of 6 aid stations on the course.
- 3 main aid stations will have: water, sports energy drink, tea, energy bar, cookies, rice ball, bananas, miso soup, etc.
*drink and food options are subject to change
- 3 smaller aid stations will have: water, tea, etc.
5. Participants must bring the following mandatory items:
500ml water bottle (or larger), backpacking food, portable cup, rain gear, light, insulated emergency sheets/blankets, first aid kit (with gauze, disinfection medicine, band-aids, etc.), cellphone, and bear bell
*There will be random bag checks before the race
*We recommend bringing portable toilets, extra clothes, gloves, whistle, compass, map, etc.
*cellphones cannot be used as a light. You must bring a waterproof light.
6. Trekking and hiking poles are permitted
7. There will be arrows guiding in the right direction. There will also be volunteers to guide at more difficult areas.
8. Read and understand the rules to avoid being disqualified before the race.
9. Always wear your bib in the front and rear without bending. (must be able to see the event logo and markings)
10. You can replenish your supplies at 100km checkpoint #2 or 100mi checkpoint #3 from your bag that you checked in before the race.
* bags must fit in a 50cmx40cm bag
Ways to be disqualified
2. Lie about qualifications
3. Does not follow race staff and volunteer instructions on the course
4. Does not meet the cut-off times and checkpoint cut-off times
5. Does not wear the bib correctly, or manufacture and/or bend bibs
6. Does not bring all mandatory supplies
7. Violate nature conservation rules
9. For those 55 years old and over who do not get a health screening 6 months before the race.
(health certificate is not required at the race, but you may be asked to submit one after the race)
1. Registration will be at Matsubara Sports Park on July 14, 2018 between 1PM and 5PM.
Address: Otaki, Kiso District, Nagano Prefecture 397-0201
2. Carry all trash with you at all times.
3. Bring your health insurance card to the race.
4. OSJ ONTAKE100 can be cancelled by the event organizer during the race if the weather or condition of the course becomes too dangerous.
5. If an accident occurs during the race, emergency first aid treatment will be given immediately, but the race will not be responsible for any further treatment.
6. A volunteer/worker can withdraw a participant from the event if they decide the participant can no longer race.
7. Keep all valuables and fragile items with you at all times. The event organizer will not be responsible for any lost or damaged items.
8. You will wear a timing chip. There will be a 4,000 yen charge for any lost or broken chips.
9. Any violations will result in a penalty time towards your finish time, or you can be disqualified from the race
10. You are not allowed to camp or stay overnight at the Matsubara Sports Park Parking Lot. You will be disqualified from the race if you break the rule.
1. You will not be able to revise or cancel your registration. All fees (including duplicate & overpayment) are non-refundable.
2. False information about age and gender, or transferring entries are prohibitted. This can result in disqualification.
3. There will be no refunds, even if the event is cancelled by an earthquake, strong wind and flood, snow storm, accidents, or other natural disasters.
4. I will give all authorities and copyright to the event organization for the use of photography, motion pictures, articles, or recordings from the event for use in TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazines, Internet and any Media publishing.
|Parking||Free parking available|
|Where to Stay||
|Organizer||OSJ ONTAKE Ultra Trail 100k Executive Committee|
|Official Race Website||http://www.powersports.co.jp/osjtrail/18_ultraontake/index.htm|