Join us for Western Japan's biggest trail run race this fall and run through Hiruzen mountain's beautiful Beech forest. Take in the magnificent scenery of the Chugoku mountain range, Daisen, and Hiruzen that surrounds Okayama Prefecture's Shinjo Village. Experience the hospitality and warmheartedness of the community while conquering three mountains.
Until August 21, 2018
* or until capacity is reached
|Directions|| By Train
From Okayama Station, take the JR Sanyo Main Line to Niimi Station. Then, take the JR Kishin Line Limited Express to Chugoku-Katsuyama Station. Then, take the Maniwa Community Bus to Shinjo stop (about 40 min).
About 90 min from Okayama Airport by car.
National Route 313 or 181 from Ochiai I.C to Yonagoshi on Chuugoku Expressway (about 50 minutes during normal hours).
|Registration Period||Until August 21, 2018
* or until capacity is reached
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||Age
75km & 25km - High School students and above (parental consent required for high school students)
75km - 15 hours
25km - 8 hours
75km - must have completed at least an 80km ultra-marathon, 40km trail run, or a full marathon under 4 hours in the last 365 days.
|Entry Fee||Long Course (75KM): ¥16,000
Middle Course (25KM): ¥7,000
|Start Time||Long Course (75KM) - 5:00AM
Middle Course (25KM) - 9:00AM
|Event Schedule||September 22, 2018 (Saturday)
1:00PM 75KM and 25KM check-in (mandatory for Long Course 75KM)
3:00PM Race Briefing
4:30PM Festival (meet-and-greet) *requires advance registration
6:00PM End of Day 1
September 23, 2018 (Sunday)
4:45AM 75KM opening ceremony
5:00AM 75KM starts
7:00AM 25KM check-in
8:45AM 25KM opening ceremony
9:00AM 25KM starts
8:00PM End of Day 2
|Start Line||Okayama Social Welfare Fureai Center|
|Finish Line||Okayama Social Welfare Fureai Center|
View the 2017 Forestrail Shinjo-Hiruzen course map.
Refer to the 2017 Forestrail Shinjo-Hiruzen course map.
|Awards||Top 6 Overall (75KM)
Top 6 Overall (25KM)
Top 3 Age Division (Both)
|Last Year's Finishers||75KM: 326
○ No refunds or credits will be issued. This applies to incidents in which the event is cancelled for any reason including personal participant circumstances of the participant (including illness and injury) and incidents in which the event is cancelled due to unforeseen weather conditions or natural disasters.
○ You will not sue the event organizers nor its affiliates (including Samurai Sports) for any injury or death caused during the event.
○ You consent to and will give all authorities and copyright to the event organizer and affiliates for the use of photography, motion pictures, articles, recordings or any other record of this event (including personal information such as name, age, gender, personal record, portrait, and etc.) for legitimate purposes and use in newspapers, TV, magazines, internet and any media publishing such as Facebook posts, Instagram posts, and pamphlets.
More information regarding race rules, required equipment/attire, reasons for disqualification, etc. will be posted in English once the event organizers post the same in Japanese.
|Parking||Free parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis|
|Parking Address||Okayama Social Welfare Fureai Center Parking Lot
1998-1 Miyukimachi, Shinjō-son, Maniwa-gun, Okayama-ken 717-0201
|Where to Stay||To be announced|
|Organizer||FORESTRAIL Executive Committee|
|Phone||050-5212-8263 (M-F 9:00AM - 5:00PM)|
|Official Race Website||https://www.forestrail.com/|