Head over to Kaisei Waterside Sports Park just 90 minutes from the heart of Tokyo and surround yourself in nature's splendor! With three courses to choose from, riders of varying levels will feel welcome at the Ashigara Long Ride. Experienced cyclists will enjoy the longer distance (increased from last year) and added challenged of a climb reaching an altitude of 2,000 meters. All courses feature spectacular views of Tanazawa Lake! Come for the ride, stay for the weekend!
Course descriptions below. The course you select should be suitable according to your experience and fitness level.
- 120KM: Limited to experienced cyclists who enjoy hills. Hilly course reaches an altitude of over 2,000 meters.
- 80KM: Course passes through Ashigaratōge and Tanazawa Lake, allowing cyclists to enjoy the nearby hills and scenery.
- 50KM: Beginner course for cyclists to enjoy Tanazawa Lake.
June 13, 2018 - September 9, 2018
|Directions|| By Train from Shinagawa Station
• Take the Yamanote Line to Shinjuku Station. Switch to the Odakyu Line towards Odawara, alight at Shin Matsuda Station (rapid express takes about 80 minutes, 15 stops). Follow directions below to reach event site by foot or take a taxi.
• Take the Tokaido Line towards Atamai, alight at Kozu Station (local takes about 60 minutes, 11 stops). Switch to the Gotemba Line towards Numazu, alight at Matsuda Station. Take a taxi to reach event site or consult Google Maps to reach by foot.
By Foot from Shin Matsuda Station
• Take the north exit and walk on the left. Proceed straight through the Romance Way Shopping District. At the first stop light, turn left towards Sakawa River. Continue straight (the Matsuda Post Office should be on your right hand side) and after crossing the Jumonjibashi (bridge), you will be able to see the waterpark across on the left hand side. About 20 minutes, 1.6KM.
By Car (from Oimatsuda IC)
• After exiting Ōimatsuda IC, head towards Kaisei Minamiashigara. Go underneath the JR Gotenba line at the Kawahara Rittai intersection, and continue straight towards Minamiashigara • Kaisei. At Ashigaraōbashi (bridge), you will cross the Sakawa river. Turn right at the Yoshidajima intersection, and then turn right at the second intersection. After proceeding for 800 meters, turn right at the Kaisei Waterside Sports Park billboard.
|Registration Period||June 13, 2018 - September 9, 2018|
|Eligibility ＆ Time Limit||COT for 120/80/50KM: 1700 (5PM)
Participants must be high school students or older.
High school students must cycle in the company of a guardian (requires separate registration).
Participants must be in healthy condition and be able to complete the courses by 5PM.
|Entry Fee||120KM: ¥10,000
|Start Time||6:30AM - 120KM ride begins
7:15AM - 80KM ride begins
8:45AM - 50KM ride begins
• Starting order is first-come, first-serve
• Staggered start; approximately 20 people every 3 minutes
* Start times are subject to change
|Event Schedule||Sep 29 Day Before at Kaisei Waterside Sports Park
1:00PM-5:00PM Check-In (all distances)
(Participants may check-in on Sep 29 or Sep 30)
Sep 30 Event Day at Kaisei Waterside Sports Park
5:00AM - Parking lot opens
5:30AM-6:15AM 120KM Check-In
5:30AM-7:00AM 80KM Check-In
5:30-8:30AM 5 50KM Check-In
6:20AM - 120KM Course Briefing
6:30AM - 120KM ride begins
7:05AM - 80KM Course Briefing
7:15AM - 80KM ride begins
8:35AM - 50KM Course Briefing
8:45AM - 50KM ride begins
5:00PM - All rides must finish (COT)
|Start Line||Kaisei Waterside Sports Park|
|Finish Line||Kaisei Waterside Sports Park|
|Awards||None. This is not a timed event nor a race.|
|Participants Prize||Certificate of Completion|
|Early Bird||Not Applicable|
|Last Year's Finishers||700|
Those participating and coming from abroad must be enrolled in medical and/or travel insurance in case of accident, injury, and medical emergencies.
Before signing up, please carefully read all rules and regulations of the event.
If the rules and regulations cannot be followed, participation may be denied by the event organizers.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
There will no fee refunds due to inclement weather, or for participants who, for whatever reason, eventually do not take part. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Event entries are non-transferable. Any person doing so will be held responsible in case of an accident arising from or provoked by the other person during the event Participants determined to be violating this policy will be disqualified without a refund. The event organizers will reserve the right to exclude both parties from future events.
1. Your bicycle must conform with event regulations and cyclists must follow all safety requirements listed by the event organizers. We will send you a safety check list 2 weeks prior to the event, which you will need to print, sign, and hand in to reception on race day.
2. All bicycles must have brakes in BOTH the front and rear.
The following are PERMITTED:
Single gear bicycles with equipped free-hub front and rear breaks
Regular city bicycles
Handlebar end grips
The following are PROHIBITED:
Bicycles with no brakes
DH/aero bars and clip on handle bars
|Parking||Free parking will be available at several locations near event site.
Participants will receive a parking pass with their event packets upon check-in (if you need a parking pass for event day, you will need to check-in on Saturday).
|Parking Address||Kaisei Waterside Sports Park
2710 Yoshidajima, Kaisei, Ashigarakami District, Kanagawa Prefecture, 258-0021
|Where to Stay||To be announced|
|Organizer||Tour de Nippon Executive Office|
|Official Race Website||http://www.tour-de-nippon.jp/series/ashigara/|